The President of the United States of America is the CEO and the Chief Operations Officer of the federal government. He is charged with protecting, defending, and preserving the Constitution while in office. Obama does not take this task seriously and does not even believe the Constitution should be protected, defended, and preserved. He said so explicitly when he was a state senator in the Illinois state legislature in a Chicago radio station interview. In this, he is in agreement with Justice Ginsburg and many other Progressive Elitist Democrat Socialists.
Under the Constitution, the President is charged with executing and enforcing the laws of the United States. Obama has failed to do that in the case of his signature achievement, ObamaCare, in many ways. He has unilaterally changed its timetable on many of the mandates of the law and he has unlawfully granted many exemptions to factions among his supporters, such as labor unions or campaign contributors.
A key development necessary for the ObamaCare initiation was that the state exchanges for health care insurance plans that met the mandated requirements of the ObamaCare law, had to be made available to individuals so they could examine the coverage offered and determine what it would cost them. To do this, they had to access the costs for their age and location and for their income level so subsidies could be calculated. In addition, the website has to access data from the IRS, HHS, Social Security Administration, the Dept. of Homeland Security, and other sources to verify the identity of the person seeking the required health insurance costs and the information that individual supplied. This required a complex program and access website. The development of this website was entrusted to the Department of Health and Human Services. The bureaucrats in that department then hired a number of contractors to perform much of the work, but kept a high level of control with ever-changing requirements on how the system would work. Overlooking this Obama signature project that was taking a large measure of control over one-sixth of the economy and our vital medical care, was the CEO of the federal government.
With all of our lives most literally on the line, the CEO of the federal government was paying no attention at all to his duties. He was present, but he was busy making speeches about how great ObamaCare was rather than directing his signature achievements development and implementation. He played the role of company spokesman rather than that of CEO. According to the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services, Obama had no idea that the website was going to fail. None. He was totally asleep at the wheel. The biggest thing the government has ever done aside from fighting two world wars, the Civil War, and the War of 1812, was not important enough to capture even the least little bit of his attention.
To be sure, the real fault lies with the American People who twice voted for this community organizer with no executive experience to be the CEO and COO of the largest and most important organization in the world. Then they allowed him to undertake the most massive transformation of the private sector and the American economy to give us the ObamaCare debacle. Among the consequences of which are:
- Companies are dropping health insurance plans for their employees.
- Insurers are canceling millions of insurance plans that they say do not meet the requirements of ObamaCare, so the cancelled persons will have to buy new plans under ObamaCare.
- Insurers are cancelling the insurance plans of many people with pre-existing conditions.
- People are losing their jobs because providing them with health insurance under the ObamaCare requirements is becoming too expensive. This will be especially true of young workers, who used to lower the overall cost of insurance to a company far more than they will in the future. This made it worthwhile to train them and gave them time to learn their jobs.
- Jobs hours are being reduced to less than 30 hours a week.
- High quality medical care institutions are having to fire staff because many ObamaCare health insurance plans will discriminate against them due to their higher costs. In some cases, as in New Hampshire, people close to good hospital systems will have to travel an hour to get to an ObamaCare covered hospital.
- The many health insurance plans discriminating against high quality medical institutions and their network of doctors will provide lower quality medical care.
- Future innovations in medical care will be much reduced by policy as tougher, more experimental operations and medical equipment investments are denied.
- Administrative costs for health insurance companies are going up due to false and inadequate information being given to them from the malfunctioning exchanges.
- Many young people will not be willing to fight the interminable battle to try to sign up for ObamaCare policies on the malfunctioning exchanges, thereby driving up insurance costs as only the sick and older people have enough incentive to fight that battle.
- Many young and healthy people will not sign up because the magnitude of the subsidy they are providing the sick and older people will shock them. Paying the penalty tax will be much more affordable.
- Many people absolutely do not want to pay for many of the ten so-called essential health benefits, especially when what they may want is tagged with very high deductibles.
- Many will not sign up because the available plans will not allow them to keep the doctor they like or use the hospital they like.
- Many people will not sign up because ObamaCare violates their religious beliefs.
- Others will not sign up because they are unwilling to allow the government to get away with claiming its owns their bodies and minds, making them slaves. They will not let the tyrants win.
- Some will not sign up because they know that the government that managed this train-wreck cannot be counted upon to keep their financial and medical data secure. Not only would that take considerable network security, but huge numbers of people will have access to that data. Having your bank account continuously emptied is far more crippling than paying the ObamaCare uncaring penalty tax.
- And who wants to be the subject of a Death Panel decision after going to all the trouble to get on ObamaCare? It is probably safer to fly to Thailand or to Argentina for one's serious medical care.