What is really going on here is this:
- Obama wants to concentrate on taking over the medical services industry and then on taking over the use and control of all energy, and then on union card check.
- He needs all of his remaining energy for telling the world that America is nothing special and is just one among equals. Same, same constitutional representative government, dictatorship, communist oligarchy, and kleptocracy. They are all just peachy, except that the first does not do enough redistribution.
- Obama needs to keep his socialist cadres happy while taking over medicine and energy.
- Obama cannot do that if he gives General McChrystal the troops he wants in Afghanistan.
- If Obama does not increase the troop numbers, he is blamed for losing Afghanistan, which he said he would fight for vigorously when he said we should abandon Iraq.
But this is not the way Obama functions. No, he seeks new, unenumerated powers as his first priority. He claims to be formulating new strategies for Afghanistan without the benefit of reading a report from his top commander on the ground. Somehow, he will intuit when the right time comes to read this report in the future..... after a new political policy is already in place.
There is a clear theme in place with this Democrat administration and Congress. They are not readers, they are talkers. They talk before they study an issue. They talk faster than they can think, hoping that that means they are talking so fast that we, the People, cannot understand how vacuous they are. Frankly, they are simply child-like. I am reminded of the child who pulls the toy out the hands of another child and shouts, "It's mine.", over and over, even though it isn't. But, they think if they shout this assertion enough, it will become theirs.
Yes, Democrats are people who never developed to the stage of adulthood. Sure, some Republicans are stuck in a state of ossified moral ideals, which represents another form of childishness, but this is but a single wing of that party. The problem of arrested development is more uniform in the Democrat party. This is a party which refuses to concern itself with
- individual rights in most human activities, except selected sexual and drug use issues
- whether an action of the government is Constitutional or not
- whether they have read the legislative bills they vote for or the reports of commanders in the field
- whether the revenues might ever be available to pay for the new programs they want
- the health of the private sector, which supplies all the goodies the government wants to redistribute to buy votes
- producing conflict among the people based on their age
- producing conflict among the people based on their race
- producing conflict among the people basd on their gender
- producing conflict among the people based on their income
- encouraging the People to be creative and productive
- the health of the people, which requires motivated doctors, modern equipment, improved drugs, a general dissemination of new techniques and procedures, and affordable health insurance tailored to the needs of the individual
- whether the People have jobs, though they make great pretense of being concerned
- whether the interests of America are advanced around the world
- whether U.S. companies can compete effectively and trade freely around the world
- whether the People will have the reliable energy they need to produce goods and services, heat their homes and businesses, and can travel to explore America and the world
- whether employers and employees are free of labor union coercion and violence
- whether the intrusions of government upon commerce are so heavy that small businesses cannot cope with them and many larger businesses are at least hurt in international competition
- whether the privacy of the People's financial and medical records is protected
Unfortunately, when great power is put in the hands of a child, mass destruction often results. It is as though we gave the keys to the family car to a five-year-old and told him to get on the beltway around Washington, D.C. and have a ball.