- A 15% cut in every federal agency, whose budgets have generally increased by more than 50% this last year
- A freeze on federal pay and benefits increases, since federal compensation is nearly twice as high as comparable private sector jobs
- Furloughs for federal workers
- Eliminate hundreds of useless federal agencies, such as the Legal Services Corporation
- Use every penny returned by the bailed-out banks to reduce the debt, rather than as a slush fund for new socialist programs
Mr. Obama keeps calling federal spending an "investment," but Americans apparently feel this is the worst investment they've ever made. They've come to regard Washington as a $2 trillion Bridge to Nowhere. They are right.