- "Irrevocably changed one-sixth of the economy" with ObamaCare and put the country inexorably on the road to national health care in a manner to bring about one of the most massive redistributions of wealth in U.S. history.
- The financial "reform", creating 243 new regulations, will provide government control of banks, "storefront check cashiers, city governments, small manufacturers, home buyers and credit bureaus," among many other economic activities.
- The Stimulus Bill was the largest spending bill ever and helped to lock in a requirement for further tax increases.
- The nationalization of student loans [gives the federal government control of who goes to college and which college they will go to --- in time.]
- The Medicare and Medicaid entitlements dominate future government budgets. ObamaCare freezes out future reductions in programs, so there is no possibility for deficit reduction except to increase taxes massively, probably with "a European-style value-added tax.
I am not as pessimistic as Krauthammer is, but he is right that Obama has accomplished a plunge deep into socialism. The extraction process will be fraught with difficulties and dangers. We are on the verge of losing the very concept of America as the Land of the Free, the Home of the Brave and replacing that transitionally with America, the Land of the Moocher, the Home of the Irresponsible, before it becomes permanently, America, the Land of the Slave, the Impoverished without homes. To prevent this, we must overturn each and every socialist accomplishment of Obama listed above. There is no other route to the salvation of the equal, sovereign rights of the individual to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. We must come to control the House, the Senate with a super-majority, and the presidency by the 2012 election. The consequence of not doing so is death. Or slavery, if you think there is a difference.