Current employer-based coverage will not be grandfathered and will be subject to ObamaCare if compared to 23 March 2010:
- Any benefit related to treatment or diagnosis is lost or reduced.
- Any increase in cost-sharing, such as co-insurance occurs.
- Deductibles or out-of-pocket limits rise by more than medical inflation plus 15%.
- An increase in co-payments greater than medical inflation plus 15% or medical inflation plus $5 occurs.
- The employer's share of the premium decreases more than 5%.
- Any new policy, certificate, or contract of insurance issued ends grandfather coverage.
There is one exception to the above conditions. The last bulleted item does not apply to collective bargaining contract provisions relating to health care insurance. Such plans can change insurance companies. Labor unions are once again an Obama favorite and unions members have special, unequal rights compared to the rest of us. The General Welfare be damned, if you are among the anointed by the socialists now ruling us all. It is all about Special Interest or Factions now and their taking advantage of most of the People.